5 Easy Decorating Ideas for Autumn
Autumn is by far one of our favourite seasons of the year. The colours are mysterious, warm and magical and the idea of snug jumpers and hot chocolate is more than exciting. It is always a good idea to move your home through the seasons with you and adding an autumnal touch can really transform your home from nautical summer to cosy winter. Below you will find our top 10 decorating ideas for autumn; dip in and choose some of your favourite ideas for your home.
- Leaves: One of the best things about autumn is wrapping up warm, popping on the wellie boots and kicking the leaves. Bring the sense of those leaves into your home by creating an autumnal picture frame design – find a leaf that has all the oranges and reds of autumn, finish it with a gloss and then pop it in a wooden frame.
- Pumpkins: Halloween is just around the corner; the time of witches, magic and sweets. Use pumpkins to decorate your home in the build up to Halloween by placing one larger pumpkin on your bookshelf or by placing three smaller ones on a gold plate as a centrepiece on your dining room table. Feel like being a bit different? Find a white pumpkin and pair it with a gorgeous display of autumnal flowers.
- Candles: Candles give that gothic and, on the opposite side, tranquil feeling to any room. The atmosphere in a room with candles is magical and very suited to autumn. Try to find the battery-operated candles with a timer setting so that they turn on every day at the same time. You could even place the smaller ones in mason jars to really give that rustic charm to your home.
- Furniture Legs: You may not want to change the entire upholstery on your furniture just in honour of autumn but you could make some simple changes to give that autumnal touch. Why not swop out the furniture legs for a striking orange set of legs? Add to this a rustic green pillow and deep brown throw and you have autumn. Easy and not too expensive. You can then just swop out your legs for each season. Take a look at our designer furniture legs for some further inspiration.
- Wood and Natural Elements: Weathered wood and nice time-worn finishes on your furniture gives a lovely, rustic feel to your home. Either use some weathered wood for your mantelpiece or go on a hunt for a small table for the lounge. Remember, all in moderation. One or two displays will be ample to give the rustic effect to your home.
What are some of the things you like to do to your home during the autumn? Are you excited or do you long for summer to return? Tell us over on our Facebook and Twitter.