All Things Bright and Beautiful
The Easter Bank Holiday weekend is fast approaching, and what better way to spend your time than restoring a tired, unloved chair back to its former glory? By replacing the legs, painting the frame and re-upholstering the cushion you can quickly give an old chair a new lease of life!
Here at Heritage Components, we love upcycling old furniture. There’s nothing more rewarding than breathing new life into something that would otherwise end up at the tip. Our team has a wealth of experience and can provide all the advice you need to make your upcycling dream a reality.
Whether your taste is edgy and contemporary or classic and regal, we have a range of options to suit all styles. Start by taking a look at our website before deciding what style suits your chair. You can also customise our legs to tie in with your existing décor. If you buy a product from our In the White unfinished range, you have the option of painting or staining it yourself or we can do the hard work for you. We also sell wood stains, oils and furniture waxes.
Here’s a selection of legs from the hundreds we have in stock:
Need some help fixing your new legs? Take a look at our easy-to-understand video tutorials over on our YouTube channel!
Re-upholstering a chair can be tricky; it requires a lot of time and patience! There are many bits and pieces you'll need, and luckily we have almost all of them available to order through our website. Have a browse through our high-quality supplies to help you get you started.
- Plan ahead - Write a list of everything you’re going to need. There’s nothing worse than getting halfway through a project before realising you’re missing some adhesive! Chat to us and we’ll help you put a plan in place.
- Do your research - Pinterest is a great way of gaining some inspiration. We’re constantly updating our boards with all the ideas we want to recreate!
- Use hair or fibre as a chair filler- it will prolong the life of your chair and also improve the look and feel in comparison to modern alternatives.
- Decorative upholstery nails are a great, low-cost way of giving your chair a designer feel. We have many styles to choose from, so don’t be afraid to get creative!
- Be cautious - When attaching new fabric, only push the staples half way through while you perfect the position of the material. Don’t hammer anything into place unless you’re entirely happy!
Don’t forget to document your progress!
Before, during and after photos are a great way of keeping track of your project. We would love to see what you’ve been up to, so don’t forget to include @ReupholsterySF in your tweet or upload your photos to our Facebook page. Show off and motivate others with your great style and DIY skills!